What is Research Methodology and Statistical Reasoning?
Statistics are widely used in social sciences, business, and daily life. Given the pervasive use of statistics, this workshop aims to train participants in the rationale underlying the use of statistics. This workshop aims to explain when to apply which statistical procedure, the concepts that govern these procedures, common errors when using statistics, and how to get the best analysis out of your data. Research methodology is used a base to explain statistical reasoning. The workshop also familiarises you with commonly used software for statistical analysis.
Why Do You Need it?
- Applied statistics are an important part the curriculum at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate, MPhil and PhD levels.
- Students at all levels require knowledge of research methods and statistics. This workshop will help make statistics a more approachable subject.
- As a student and professional, statistics enables you to evaluate, infer, and understand your product, situation, service, or a treatment option.
- Learning about the errors in statistics will make it easier to interpret statistical literature, research articles, and the claims made on the basis of statistics.
- The intensive nature of the workshop ensures that your specific doubts and questions are addressed making it a personalized experience.
How do we teach Research Methodology and Statistical Reasoning?
The workshop uses practical problems and examples from social sciences and daily life to explain the content. Participants are given take-home exercises, which will enable them to apply the workshop content to actual research problems. This is a 12-hour intensive course and participants will receive detailed notes for future reference.
Resource Person: Rupa Kalahasthi, Research Assistant, Monk® Prayogshala®
With experience in diverse clinical settings, Rupa is a practising psychologist since 2014. Her passion for research is reflected in her stint as a data analyst at a UK-based firm. She also holds the position of a Research Assistant at Monk® Prayogshala® where she contributes to writing research papers and conducting workshops.
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate students
- MPhil students
- PhD students
- Faculty pursuing Research or practice OR
- Any person with basic understanding and interest in research and statistics.
The workshop will be held at 4116, 4th Floor, Oberoi Garden Estates, C Wing, Off Saki Vihar Road, near Chandivali Studios, Powai, Mumbai – 400072.
Nearest stations: Kanjurmarg (Central); Andheri (Western); Saki Naka (Metro Station) Bus routes: 319, 335