What are Literature Reviews and Reference Management?
A literature review is a compilation of past research and theory that forms the basis of your research study. A good literature review enables you to have an in-depth understanding of your topic and ensures that the audience also understands your topic well. Apart from being an integral component to the structure of an academic research paper, the literature review could also be an important source from where the researcher chooses an appropriate research question, rationale, hypothesis, research methodology, and so on. Moreover, past literature is used to explain existing findings. Reference management software are often used for citations and bibliographies and are an indispensable tool for the modern researcher.
Why Do You Need it?
- A well-written literature review is an important aspect of undergraduate, postgraduate, and professional projects, reports, and academic research papers.
- Knowing the efficient techniques for database navigation and literature review can save time and provide better output.
- Different journals in the social sciences require different types of citation styles to be followed, making it important to know about the various styles.
- Reference management software reduces time and error as compared to manual citations and bibliographies.
How do we teach Literature Review and Reference Management Software?
The workshop provides intensive training in database navigation, literature compilation, and literature review writing. The workshop provides a hands-on experience in using reference management software. Participants will learn the workshop content with practical experience, enabling them to apply the workshop content to everyday life. This is a 6-hour intensive course.
Resource Person: Rupa Kalahasthi, Research Assistant, Monk® Prayogshala®
With experience in diverse clinical settings, Rupa is a practising psychologist since 2014. Her passion for research is reflected in her stint as a data analyst at a UK-based firm. She also holds the position of a Research Assistant at Monk® Prayogshala® where she contributes to writing research papers and conducting workshops.
- Junior College Students
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate students
- MPhil students
- PhD students
- Faculty pursuing Research or practice OR
- Any person with basic understanding and interest in research.
The workshop will be held at 4116, 4th Floor, Oberoi Garden Estates, C Wing, Off Saki Vihar Road, near Chandivali Studios, Powai, Mumbai – 400072.
Nearest stations: Kanjurmarg (Central); Andheri (Western) Saki Naka (Metro Station)
Bus routes: 319, 335