What is OpenSesame?
OpenSesame is an open source experiment builder for the social sciences. It allows you to easily create experiments, using a graphical interface. Along with allowing you to add audio-visual elements to your experiments, OpenSesame helps manage data from your experiments.
Why Do You Need it?
- Knowledge of OpenSesame is mandatory for the MA Psychology course in University of Mumbai and its affiliated colleges (Mithibai, National and VES Colleges).
- Allows calculation of accurate reaction times and other dependant variables, making data collation easy.
- Data is automatically saved and arranged in the form of easy-to-view tables for each trial.
- Applicable to varied disciplines and indispensable to experiment designing for a contemporary researcher.
Resource Person: Rupa Kalahasthi, Research Assistant, Monk® Prayogshala®
With experience in diverse clinical settings, Rupa is a practising psychologist since 2014. Her passion for research is reflected in her stint as a data analyst at a UK-based firm. She also holds the position of a Research Assistant at Monk® Prayogshala® where she contributes to writing research papers and conducting workshops.
- PhD scholars
- Professionals pursuing research in the social sciences (Psychology, Economics and/or Sociology) OR
- Any person with basic understanding and interest in research and research design.
A laptop with operating system up to or above Windows XP, Mac OS X, Ubuntu or Linux.
If you cannot bring your laptop, Monk® Prayogshala® can provide one for an additional surcharge of Rs. 500/- for the duration of the workshop.
The workshop will be held at 4116, 4th Floor, Oberoi Garden Estates, C Wing, Off Saki Vihar Road, near Chandivali Studios, Powai, Mumbai – 400072.
Nearest stations: Kanjurmarg (Central); Andheri (Western) Saki Naka (Metro Station)
Bus routes: 319, 335