What are Research and Grant Proposals?
A research proposal is a detailed description of a proposed study, designed to investigate a given problem. It describes the project, explains its importance and outlines the processes that will be undertaken in order to complete it. A grant proposal is a document that is prepared for requesting or applying for funding for your research.
Why Do You Need it?
- Research proposals are a quintessential guide for the execution of any research project
- Submission of well-written research proposals are required for a Master’s dissertation as well as when applying for an MPhil/PhD program.
- The APA ethics code mandates that researchers have an accurate and detailed research proposal before undertaking any research activity.
- Research proposals help to concretize ideas and anticipate any pitfalls that may arise in the project.
- An effective grant proposal increases the likelihood of getting funding for your research projects
How do we teach Research and Grant Proposal Writing?
The workshop aims to cover the diverse elements of Research and Grant Proposal writing in empirical, social science research. The workshop uses practical problems and examples from social sciences and daily life to explain the content. Participants’ ideas will be built upon and the workshop will be contextualized to suit their needs and/or interests. The workshop will be interactive and participative. Participants are given take-home exercises, which will enable them to apply the workshop content to actual research problems.
Resource Persons: Rupa Kalahasthi, Research Assistant, Department of Psychology, Monk® Prayogshala®
With experience in diverse clinical settings, Rupa is a practising psychologist since 2014. Her passion for research is reflected in her stint as a data analyst at a UK-based firm. She also holds the position of a Research Assistant at Monk® Prayogshala® where she contributes to writing research papers and conducting workshops.
Anirudh Tagat, Research Author, Department of Economics, Monk® Prayogshala®
Anirudh Tagat is at the Department of Economics at Monk Prayogshala. He is also consultant to the World Resources Institute (WRI) India, and is currently researching various aspects of behavioural and experimental economics. Anirudh holds an MSc in Economics from the University of Warwick, UK. He has successfully raised research grants from funding organizations such as the Partnership for Economic Policy (PEP), Kenya, The International Development Research Centre (IDRC), Canada, The International Growth Centre (IGC), UK, and Indian Council for Social Science Research (ICSSR), New Delhi, among others.
- Junior College Students
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate students
- MPhil students
- PhD students
- Faculty pursuing Research or practice OR
- Any person with basic understanding and interest in research.
The workshop will be held for two days at 4116, 4th Floor, Oberoi Garden Estates, C Wing, Off Saki Vihar Road, near Chandivali Studios, Powai, Mumbai – 400072.
Nearest stations: Kanjurmarg (Central); Andheri (Western) Saki Naka (Metro Station)
Bus routes: 319, 335