A Digital Certificate Course on OpenSesame: The Experiment Building Software
What is OpenSesame?
OpenSesame is an open source experiment builder for the social sciences. It allows you to easily create experiments, using a graphical interface. Along with allowing you to add audio-visual elements to your experiments, OpenSesame helps manage data from your experiments.
The course will take 8 hours to complete, including one contact hour with the course instructor after completing the lectures and quizzes. It includes materials such as comprehensive notes and awards a certificate after course completion. The course is divided into 7 major sections, which include 40 lectures.
The course not only includes course content, but instructors that are approachable after completing it, who will provide feedback and address your specific needs. You would have lifetime access to the complete course after activation. Upon successful completion, you would be provided with an hour of personalized access to one of our qualified research instructors, to resolve your queries.
Why Do You Need it?
- Knowledge of OpenSesame is mandatory for the MA Psychology course in University of Mumbai and its affiliated colleges (Mithibai, National, and VES Colleges).
- Allows calculation of accurate reaction times and other dependant variables, making data collation easy
- Data is automatically saved and arranged in the form of easy-to-view tables for each trial.
- Applicable to varied disciplines and indispensible to experiment designing for a contemporary researcher.
- The intensive nature of the course ensures that your specific doubts and questions are addressed making it a personalized experience.
What are the Benefits of doing a Digital Course on OpenSesame?
- The course uses actual experiments and examples from social sciences and daily life to explain the content.
- The intensive course includes 7 instruction hours with 7 sections and 40 lectures.
- You have lifetime access to the course, allowing you to pace your own learning.
- Do you want to save time spent in travelling? The digital course gives you the opportunity to learn anytime and anywhere. You can take the course on your desktop, laptop, tablet, and mobile phone.
- If you know a topic well, you can choose to skip the lecture. If you are not completely sure of a topic, you can choose to view the lecture again. Therefore, learning is personalized and oriented towards your needs rather than that of the group.
- We also provide you with notes, which can be used as reference during the course.
- We do not believe in one-way learning. You can interact with the course instructor for 1 hour (after completing the course) to resolve any queries and discuss your assignment, based on prior appointment.
Undergraduate students, Postgraduate students, MPhil students, PhD students, Professionals or Faculty pursuing research or practice OR Any person with basic understanding and interest in research and statistics.