No of Openings: 1
Closing Date for Job Opening: Variable
Company Name: Monk® Prayogshala® (Sec 25)
Location: Mumbai Suburbs
Compensation: Not Disclosed
Work Timings: 5/6 day week depending on workload
Education: UG (BA/ BSc Psychology / Sociology / Economics / Anthropology / BMM), PG (MA/ MSc Psychology / Sociology / Economics / Anthropology) or in lieu of degree 1-3 years of equivalent experience (Those currently pursuing a UG course are also eligible).
Experience: No experience required.
Age: 18-30 for both Female and Male Candidates
Functional Areas: All areas in social science communication
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Should have excellent written communication skills.
- Should have the ability to navigate search engines on the Internet.
- Should have functional knowledge of basic theoretical principles and concepts in the social sciences.
- Should have an understanding of academic papers and journal articles.
- Should be creative.
- Should be updated with current research.
- Should have reported to the Recruitment Executive.
- Writing and editing blogs: These must be based on academic research. A blog entry expected every two weeks.
- Creating press releases for Monk Prayogshala research: Reading and comprehension of research papers published by Monk Prayogshala, following which a press release must be created. Also responsible for looking for appropriate platforms where such press releases can be published.
- Writing science journalism articles: Selecting interesting research papers published recently and summarising them in 500 words to be published in the science/research sections of various newspapers/webpages/magazines.
- Creating content for social media:
- Summarising links for Facebook: Reading articles and summarising them in limited words to accompany the link on Facebook.
- Creating research related pictures for Facebook: Looking for interesting research and creating a pictorial representation of the same for Facebook.
- Creating Crosswords and quizzes:
- Making posters for workshops/recruitments
- Regularly sending links to interesting research published recently
- Adept at PowerPoint, Pixlr/Photoshop